Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ishack & Olivia... By Nikon CLS

I have always disliked shooting weddings that start late afternoon, and would go on into the night, as it would then call for flash photography. I would be turned off by the direct harsh light with strong shadows. However the Nikon CLS has opened my eyes to a whole new way of working with flash photography at weddings.

At this wedding I used 2 SB-800 Speedlights in Groups A & B on Channel 1, and controlled them from the camera, my Nikon D300. Anique assisted me with the Nikon D200 with same wireless settings and she was able to use the exact SB set-up. We just pretty much took turns at the recycling. I used the Gary Fong Diffuser on one flash and a white umbrella, and bounced in the ceiling as well where possible, to soften the light sources. I think with more practice I will have it down to the photon...






Bookmark and Share

No comments: