Saturday, November 10, 2007

Gillian & Brian's Wedding...

Wedding photography does call for quick thinking and a lot of creativity, along with nerves of steel. Can't say I have them all together yet, but will get there. Deploying them under extenuating circumstances is another trick. This wedding could have proved embarrassing, as the crotch of my pants tore all the way around when I attempted to kneel for a shot. This happened at the hotel where the bride was dressing. Luckily I knew one of the bridesmaid, Natoya, and she was quick to assist. For the duration of the ceremony, I had safety pins from the bottom of my zipper all the way around my crotch, and down one leg. Now how safe was that!!

I shot the close up of Gillian and Brian's rings on her bouquet made of Calla Lillies, in the natural light streaming thru the huge glass doors. I stood on the bed and shot her from above in the second image. Toni was my second gun at this wedding and she captured me working Gillian.

Tech info: With My Nikon D200 I shot the Ring - Aperture f/5.6, Shutter 1/125, ISO400, Focal length 84mm in Macro Mode; Bride - Aperture f/5, Shutter 1/60, ISO500, Focal length 32mm; Toni shot the last image with her Canon EOS Rebel XT, Canon 28 - 80mm lens, Aperture f/5, Shutter 1/125, ISO400, Focal length 28mm

5 comments:

Ruthie said...

beautiful. i love them all, but i really like the b/w of u working. touch of artistic class. oh and great idea for the rings, its a lovely shot.

Teka-Ann Haynes said...

Love that shot of u and her. Nice.

Anonymous said...

I hope you carry an extra pair of pants in the future -lol.

Mad props to the photographer of the b&w. It's a great angle.

Charlene said...

That last pic is priceless!!

Anonymous said...

Wow unbelieveable...classy pic...expected nothing less so keep bringing nothing but the best....no pressure