Monday, March 30, 2009

Chapel Hill, North Carolina - Serene...

My visit to Chapel Hill was short, but I enjoyed it. Stef and I went on official business, maybe later on you may get a hint of what it was. All the photos below were taken on the Saturday, pretty much documenting the one full day we spent there... We took an early morning stroll down the avenue, across the road from the Franklyn Hotel where we stayed. Stopped by Caribou cafe for coffee and hot chocolate, with almond nut bagel and cream cheese.

Stef was totally into her cup of coffee.We visited a few housing developments with Sharon, a real estate agent. Some were really lovely and yes quite pricey! Eventually though we found one to our liking and, so our main mission was accomplished. Anupa met us for lunch and I had a bowl of noodle soup. On leaving the restaurant, I encountered this 1974 Vespa 150 Super Scooter, absolutely beautiful! I hurriedly took a few shots and hoped no one chase me to pay for the photo op. Later that evening we went to dinner with Anupa, and Erin and her husband. I had the Flash Fried NC Yellow Tail Snapper... one ugly bastard! We flew back to Kingston the next morning. Chapel Hill is real country!

2 comments:

Charlene said...

I LOVE!! I LOVE!!! omg! u got a pic of a vespa!! and i instantly made the fountain pic my desktop lol LOVE :D

Unknown said...

Thanks Char. If you want a higher res let me know your desktop resolution...